Knowing what you can expect when you arrive at a Serenity at Summit facility can be a big factor in making the decision to seek treatment with us. We want the admissions process to be transparent and simple so that you are fully informed of our admissions process before arriving at one of our centers. This way, you don’t have to worry about anything but your personal recovery journey.
The first thing that will happen when you walk into a Serenity facility is you will be greeted by one of our addiction specialists, who will assess your case and work with you to develop a treatment plan. If detox or acute treatment services are needed, you will go straight to medically-supervised treatment before moving into a clinical setting.
What To Bring To Treatment
- Photo ID
- Valid Credit Card
- Insurance Card
- Prescription Card
- Money order of $150, prepaid Visa, OR valid credit card for prescription co-pays (the pharmacy does not accept American Express)
What to pack for your stay with us:
- Appropriate, loose fitting clothes and sneakers for yoga and participation in our holistic services offered
- Seasonal outerwear
- Enough comfortable clothing for 5-7 days (washer/dryer available) please limit to one suitcase
- Toiletries (alcohol-free/non-aerosol) that may include: toothbrush, toothpaste, hair products, deodorant, hair dryer, LIQUID body wash, lotion, shaving supplies, shower shoes/flip-flops. We ask that all items remain unopened
- Reading material (self-help, spiritual, health, 12-step)
- Patients are permitted to make daily, monitored phone calls utilizing our in-house phones, and in some instances, use of cell phones will be permitted.
- Cigarettes unopened packs only, or electronic cigarettes in unopened packages only (if a smoker)
We DO NOT Permit:
- Products/toiletries containing alcohol
- Candy/gum or outside food. Three meals are provided daily and snacks are available throughout the day and evening
- Computer/electronics. If you require computer access (Internet) for employment, banking etc., our staff will assist you in this process.
- Outside linens/bedding, pillows or stuffed animals. All essentials are provided for your comfort.
What if I forgot something?
- Our commissary is available if you need to purchase the items listed above that you may have overlooked and would assist in making your stay more comfortable.
Not Appropriate For Admission
We Cannot Admit The Following At Serenity At Summit:
- Pregnant women cannot be admitted to the detox program. If you have had a recent miscarriage or abortion, you must bring medical documentation (as your pregnancy test may still be positive). You will be evaluated by nursing staff onsite prior to admission.
- Methadone – if the current dose is greater than 30 mg
- Those with a history of Tuberculosis (TB) or positive PPD – an exception will be made if you bring your chest x-ray results to admission.
Medication And Other Special Items
Items Prescribed By Your Physician
- All medication must be in original bottles, must have been filled within 60 days prior to admission, and you must bring ample supply for the detox stay (5-7 days).
- If you use any medical equipment on a regular basis, please bring all equipment. Some examples include: CPAP, BiPAP, Glucometer, walker, crutches, etc.
- If you are bringing Methadone, please bring documentation from your clinic of 30mg dose or lower.
- If you have a history of a positive PPD (skin test for tuberculosis), please bring chest x-ray results.
- If you are coming from the emergency room, please bring a face sheet with the diagnosis, the results of all medical tests performed, any medication given, the discharge medication orders, and all discharge paperwork.
- If you have had PPD or lab work within the past 30 days, please bring the results.
- If you have suffered a head injury within the last 7 days, please bring documentation from where you were evaluated and discharge paperwork.
Controlled substances such as Narcotics, Suboxone, Benzodiazepines, etc. ARE NOT PERMITTED
Over-the-counter medication such as Tylenol, vitamins, Tums, etc. ARE NOT PERMITTED