Serenity at Summit operates Massachusetts and New Jersey facilities specializing in substance addiction rehabilitation and mental health treatment. Our dedicated team is committed to assisting you in attaining sobriety and improving your overall well-being. We employ a comprehensive methodology incorporating the most recent clinical practices and evidence-based approaches for recovery from addiction and mental health challenges.
We gladly accept health insurance and potentially your specific AmeriHealth policy for rehabilitation services. Please reach out to us to explore the particulars of your insurance coverage or connect with AmeriHealth directly. Alternatively, you can continue reading for further insights into AmeriHealth’s coverage for rehab services.
Who is AmeriHealth Rehab?
Established in 1995, AmeriHealth is dedicated to delivering a diverse range of health insurance options and services. Their portfolio includes family and individual health insurance, Medicare Advantage plans, and Medicaid managed care, to name a few. AmeriHealth enhances its members’ overall health and wellness by providing comprehensive health coverage and ensuring access to a large network of healthcare providers.¹
Based in Cranbury, New Jersey, the company has established a robust presence in multiple states. Having been officially incorporated as a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) in Florida on December 19, 2011,² their primary aim is to enrich healthcare coverage and ensure its accessibility, all while offering cost-effective health insurance solutions to their valued customers.
Some AmeriHealth Brands, Products and Services
AmeriHealth offers a wide array of health and wellness brands, products, and services designed to meet its members’ healthcare needs. These include health insurance plans, mental health services, pharmacy benefits, and cutting-edge digital health solutions. With an extensive network of providers, AmeriHealth offers a comprehensive range of brands, products, and services, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Health Insurance Plans: AmeriHealth provides a range of health insurance plans, including individual and family coverage, employer-sponsored plans, and government programs like Medicaid and Medicare, to residents in several states, including New Jersey and Pennsylvania
- AmeriHealth Caritas: A Medicaid-managed care organization that operates in multiple states³
- Pharmacy Benefits: AmeriHealth often includes prescription drug coverage in its plans to help members access necessary medications at affordable rates
- Medicare Plans: AmeriHealth offers Medicare Advantage plans, including HMO and PPO options, which provide additional benefits, like prescription drug coverage, beyond what Original Medicare offers
- AmeriHealth Administrators: Administrative services and support to self-funded employer health plans help employers manage their employee health benefits efficiently4
- Behavioral Health Services: AmeriHealth plans often include behavioral health services to help individuals access and navigate mental health and substance abuse treatment5
- Health and Wellness Programs: A range of health and wellness programs to help members lead healthier lives, including wellness incentives, preventive care, and chronic disease management6
- Member Portals and Tools: Online member portals and tools that enable members to manage insurance plans, find healthcare providers, and access benefits and claims information
What is AmeriHealth Rehab Coverage?
AmeriHealth extends coverage for various rehabilitation services for the insured. Typically, rehab insurance coverage for mental health and substance abuse involves multiple components, including detoxification, outpatient care, and medication management, aimed at diagnosing and treating substance use and mental health disorders.
The particulars of your AmeriHealth insurance policy’s coverage can vary based on several factors, including your geographical location and whether you opt for in-network healthcare providers. These specifics might include copayments, deductibles, and exclusions concerning the number of therapy sessions or the duration of inpatient care. To gain a clear understanding of the details pertaining to your rehab insurance coverage, contact us today.
Does AmeriHealth Cover Rehab for Drugs and Alcohol?
AmeriHealth and many other health insurance providers typically cover rehabilitation services for substance abuse issues. The specifics of this coverage can fluctuate based on your AmeriHealth plan and other factors. Reviewing your policy documents or contacting AmeriHealth is essential to understand the scope of your rehab coverage for substance addiction.
AmeriHealth alcohol rehab and AmeriHealth drug rehab may include a spectrum of services, such as partial hospitalization or outpatient care for drug addiction or alcoholism, therapy sessions, counseling, detoxification programs, support groups, dual diagnosis care, aftercare, and more. For further assistance in navigating your insurance policy, call (844) 326-4514 for support.
Does AmeriHealth Cover Medical Detox Treatment?
AmeriHealth usually covers medical detox treatment as part of its behavioral health benefits. However, the specifics can vary depending on your policy, chosen healthcare providers, and additional factors. For detailed information on your medical detox coverage, review your policy or contact AmeriHealth directly.
Does AmeriHealth Cover Residential Treatment?
AmeriHealth’s coverage for residential treatment may vary based on your particular insurance policy, the healthcare providers you select, and more. Residential treatment typically involves staying in a treatment facility for an extended period to receive specialized care, particularly for substance abuse or mental health conditions.
For a comprehensive understanding of the extent of your coverage for residential treatment, review your policy documents, reach out to AmeriHealth directly, or contact us. We can provide specific information about the types of residential treatment services covered under your plan and any associated requirements, limitations, or exclusions.
Does AmeriHealth Cover Mental Health Therapy Treatment?
AmeriHealth typically includes mental health therapy as part of its health insurance benefits. The specifics can differ based on your specific AmeriHealth policy, where you live, and other variables. Like many health insurance providers, AmeriHealth must offer coverage for mental health treatment to comply with mental health parity laws.7
For details on your mental health therapy coverage, check your policy documents or contact AmeriHealth directly. You can also check your insurance here.
Does AmeriHealth Cover EMDR Therapy?
AmeriHealth’s coverage for Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy, like other specific therapies, can vary based on your insurance policy, your location, and additional factors. The easiest and quickest way to confirm your coverage for EMDR therapy is to call (844) 326-4514 or contact AmeriHealth directly.
Other Rehab Treatment Programs Covered by AmeriHealth
AmeriHealth offers extensive coverage, encompassing various programs and services targeted at individuals who struggle with mental health and substance abuse issues. Members have access to a range of support options, including therapy sessions and medication management, to enhance psychological health and overall emotional well-being. Below are a few rehab treatment programs typically covered by AmeriHealth.
Coverage for Partial Hospitalization Programs
AmeriHealth usually covers Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHPs), structured day treatment programs offering intensive therapy and support while allowing you to return home in the evenings. AmeriHealth’s PHP coverage is tailored to support individuals with mental health or substance use disorders.
The scope of this coverage may differ depending on your specific AmeriHealth plan and other variables. To understand your PHP coverage comprehensively, including any associated copays, deductibles, or network restrictions, we recommend referring to your policy documents or contacting AmeriHealth.
Coverage for Intensive Outpatient Program
AmeriHealth typically provides coverage for Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOPs). IOPs offer elevated care for managing mental health or substance use disorders while you maintain your daily routine. For coverage details, including copays, deductibles, or preferred network providers, review your policy documents or contact AmeriHealth directly.
Coverage for Acute Treatment Programs
AmeriHealth plans usually include coverage for acute treatment programs, which are designed to address immediate, intensive medical and mental health needs. This coverage typically encompasses hospitalization, specialized procedures, and psychiatric care for acute conditions. Coverage specifics vary, so review your policy documents or contact AmeriHealth for precise information about costs and network providers.
Coverage for Inpatient Rehab
AmeriHealth’s approach to coverage for inpatient rehab highlights its commitment to providing essential care for individuals requiring intensive rehabilitation services. The specifics of inpatient rehab coverage can differ based on your AmeriHealth policy, chosen healthcare provider, and more. However, AmeriHealth typically offers some financial support for these critical services.
Coverage often includes room and board, medical treatments, therapies, and rehabilitation services. To obtain precise details about your inpatient rehab coverage, reach out to AmeriHealth directly or or contact us. We can provide you with detailed information about costs and the admissions process for this level of care.
Rehab Centers That Take AmeriHealth
Drug and Alcohol Treatment Facility in Massachusetts
Our team at Serenity at Summit is committed to supporting you through every step of your recovery journey. We prioritize your overall well-being and strive to help you achieve genuine sobriety. Our state-of-the-art facility provides a comfortable, private environment for recovery, and we take a holistic approach using the latest clinical methods and evidence-based techniques.
Call (844) 326-4514 or visit our nationally-recognized treatment center that accepts insurance:
Drug and Alcohol Treatment Facility in New Jersey
Our Union, New Jersey facility offers various addiction treatment services, from detoxification to outpatient care. We aim to provide personalized services with a low staff-to-client ratio, ensuring you receive the attention you deserve and need. Our experienced team of master’s level therapists delivers comprehensive rehabilitation services to address the most critical substance addiction and mental health needs.
If you want to learn more or inquire about our rehab center in New Jersey that accepts insurance, please call (844) 326-4514 or visit our facility.
How Much is Rehab with AmeriHealth Insurance?
The cost of rehab with AmeriHealth Insurance varies significantly according to many factors, including the treatment provider. Although AmeriHealth typically covers a portion of the cost, you may still be responsible for copays, deductibles, and more. Typically, outpatient therapy costs vary between $1,400 and $10,000 for 30 days.8
How To Check AmeriHealth Coverage Levels for Rehab Treatment
To review your AmeriHealth health insurance coverage, call (844) 326-4514. We can explain policy details and answer any questions you may have regarding AmeriHealth coverage levels for rehabilitation. You can also confirm your insurance coverage by filling out our no-commitment, confidential online form:
Our team of skilled professionals will quickly contact your health insurance provider to verify your insurance. Once we have the confirmation, we will contact you to discuss your policy details and the following steps to take. It is crucial to understand the specifics of your insurance policy and to find rehab facilities that are in-network with AmeriHealth to access the maximum benefits under your policy.
How To Get AmeriHealth to Pay for Rehab
To access rehab treatment covered by AmeriHealth, you should follow a few important steps. First, carefully read through your policy documentation. Then, choose an in-network facility that meets your needs. Secure a referral from your primary care physician, if necessary. If pre-authorization is required, provide AmeriHealth with all the information about your diagnosis and treatment plan.
Ensure that the rehab center submits claims on your behalf. After you complete your treatment, stay in touch with AmeriHealth to ensure your claims are being processed correctly and that you receive any reimbursements or benefits you’re entitled to. Staying up-to-date with your premiums, sticking to the recommended treatment plan, and staying within AmeriHealth’s provider network will increase the chances that AmeriHealth will cover your rehab treatment.
How Many Times Will AmeriHealth Pay for Rehab?
The number of times AmeriHealth will pay for rehab services depends on your unique insurance policy and its terms. Generally, AmeriHealth covers rehabilitation for substance use and mental health issues, but the extent of coverage and how many times varies between plans and may hinge on medical necessity.
In addition, some AmeriHealth plans necessitate prior authorization. For a detailed explanation of your coverage, including limitations, copays, and requirements, consult AmeriHealth or contact us.
Addiction Statistics in Massachusetts
- According to the 2019 N-SSATS report in Massachusetts, 438 substance abuse treatment facilities served 66,912 clients on March 29, 2019.9
- In 2022, the prevalent reasons for substance abuse treatment remained consistent across all races, ethnicities, and genders in Massachusetts, with heroin/fentanyl and alcohol being the primary substances.10
- State reports reveal a staggering 450% increase in opioid-related deaths in Massachusetts over the past 16 years.11
- According to the 2020 National Drug Threat Assessment, Massachusetts ranked fourth in the US for the most fentanyl reports in 2019.12
- Opioid overdose has taken a toll in Massachusetts, with over 25% of its residents having lost a friend or loved one to this crisis.13
Addiction Statistics in New Jersey
- During the second week of April 2022, 71% of these suspected drug-related deaths were males.14
- In New Jersey, the primary reason for accidental deaths is drug overdoses.15
- Data from the 2019 New Jersey Substance Abuse Monitoring System provides insights into treatment-seekers’ demographics. The majority are male (70%), predominantly aged 35 to 44 (24%), white and non-Hispanic (60%), not in the labor force (around 50%), living independently (75%), and not married (over 80%).
- According to New Jersey State Police data, the number of suspected drug overdose deaths among New Jersey residents in 2022 was the lowest in six years.16
- A 2019 Substance Abuse Treatment Admissions report for New Jersey highlighted that 42% of all treatment admissions involved heroin use, with alcohol following closely at 31%.17
- “About Us.” AmeriHealth, www.amerihealth.com/about-us/index.html. Accessed 25 Oct. 2023.
- “EXAMINATION REPORT OF AmeriHealth Caritas Florida, Inc.” FLORIDA OFFICE OF INSURANCE REGULATION, 21 Dec. 2021, floir.com/docs-sf/life-health-libraries/financial-examination-reports/2021/final-exam-report-amerihealth-caritas-fl-2021.pdf?sfvrsn=7a3ef0f8_4.
- “AmeriHealth Caritas.” Medicaid, CHIP, and Medicare Plans, www.amerihealthcaritas.com. Accessed 25 Oct. 2023.
- “AmeriHealth Administrators.” AmeriHealth, www.amerihealth.com/tpa. Accessed 25 Oct. 2023.
- “Behavioral, Physical, and Emotional Health.” AmeriHealth. www.amerihealth.com/get-care/behavioral-physical-and-emotional-health/index.html. Accessed 25 Oct. 2023.
- “Wellness.” AmeriHealth, 3 May 2013, www.amerihealth.com/psers/wellness.html.
- “The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA).” Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, www.cms.gov/marketplace/private-health-insurance/mental-health-parity-addiction-equity. Accessed 25 Oct. 2023.
- Stilkind, Joseph. “Average Cost of Drug Rehab : By Type, State and More.” NCDAS, 1 Jan. 2023, drugabusestatistics.org/cost-of-rehab.
- U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES. “2019 State Profile — Massachusetts : National Survey of Substance Abuse Treatment Services (N-SSATS).” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/quick_statistics/state_profiles/NSSATS-MA19.pdf. Accessed 25 Oct. 2023.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts. “Data on Enrollments in Substance Addiction Services.” Mass.gov, www.mass.gov/info-details/data-on-enrollments-in-substance-addiction-services. Accessed 20 Oct. 2023.
- “Massachusetts State Health Assessment.” Mass.gov, www.mass.gov/doc/chapter-6-addiction/download. Accessed 25 Oct. 2023.
- U.S. Department of Justice. “2020 DEA National Drug Threat Assessment.” Drug Enforcement Administration, Mar. 2021, www.dea.gov/sites/default/files/2021-02/DIR-008-21%202020%20National%20Drug%20Threat%20Assessment_WEB.pdf.
- Crowe, Jack. “Poll: More Than One in Four Massachusetts Residents Have Lost Friend or Loved One to Opioid Overdose.” National Review, 12 Mar. 2018, www.nationalreview.com/2018/03/opioid-crisis-massachusetts-25-percent-overdose-victim.
- John, Shiya, et al. “New Jersey State Policy Lab: Using Creative Informatics and Artificial Intelligence to Address the Drug Addiction Crisis in New Jersey.” Rutgers, 2022, bloustein.rutgers.edu/njspl-using-informatics-ai-address-the-drug-addiction-crisis-nj.
- NJTV. “New Jersey’s Drug Addiction Crisis – NJ PBS and the Drug Addiction Crisis.” New Jersey’s Drug Addiction Crisis, www.njpbs.org/addiction.
- Morel, Kyle and New Jersey Herald. “NJ Overdose Deaths Hit a 6-year Low. Cops Say This Outreach Program Is a Major Reason Why.” Daily Record, 5 Apr. 2023, www.dailyrecord.com/story/news/local/2023/04/05/nj-overdose-deaths-drop-as-hope-one-celebrates-six-years/70081177007.
- “New Jersey Drug and Alcohol Abuse Treatment: Substance Abuse Overview 2019 Statewide.” New Jersey Department of Human Services, Oct. 2020, www.nj.gov/humanservices/dmhas/publications/statistical/Substance%20Abuse%20Overview/2019/Substance%20Abuse%20Overview%20Statewide%20Report%20-%20%202019.pdf.