There are numerous New Jersey rehab centers that take Aetna insurance, which can provide coverage for drug and alcohol addiction treatment based on your plan and needs. Aetna in New Jersey may cover expenses like medical detoxification, inpatient and outpatient care, and long-term residential programs. Discover essential information about using your Aetna insurance for addiction rehabilitation in New Jersey below.
Addiction and Mental Health Statistics in New Jersey
In 2021, New Jersey admitted and discharged a significant number of individuals for substance abuse treatment, while the state saw a substantial increase in drug overdose death rates, with opioids accounting for the majority of these fatalities. Heroin is the most commonly abused drug among rehab-seeking clients.
Outpatient services in The Garden State represent 2.61% of national public spending, while hospitalizations for alcohol-related liver disease and deaths have risen. A high school survey revealed that many students had used substances, with alcohol and illicit drugs being common. New Jersey teenagers have slightly lower recent drug use but a higher alcohol use rate compared to the national average.
Exploring New Jersey and its Famous Cities
New Jersey boasts a diverse geography encompassing various cities and landscapes. On the densely populated eastern coast, you’ll encounter urban hubs like Newark, Jersey City, and Union City, which are integral parts of the New York Metropolitan Area. These cities provide captivating views of the iconic Manhattan skyline across the Hudson River.
Venturing south, Atlantic City beckons as a vibrant coastal resort destination with a lively boardwalk and a thriving entertainment scene. Further inland, you’ll discover Trenton, the state’s capital, and Princeton, home to the prestigious Princeton University. Meanwhile, Hoboken, a bustling waterfront city, and Asbury Park, renowned for its arts and music culture, contribute to the state’s landscape.
Who is Aetna?
Founded in 1853, Aetna has transformed from its roots as a life insurance provider into a prominent health insurance company that delivers a wide range of healthcare products and services. Its offerings cater to individuals, employers, and government entities and include health insurance, dental insurance, pharmacy benefit management, disability insurance, care management programs, and a broad spectrum of healthcare solutions.1
Aetna operates in all 50 states of the U.S. with headquarters in Hartford, Connecticut, and a mission supported by a vast network of over 1.2 million healthcare professionals, including 690,000 primary care doctors and specialists.2
CVS Health, a prominent retail pharmacy and healthcare conglomerate, acquired Aetna in 2018.3
Some Aetna Brands and Services in New Jersey
Aetna offers a wide range of health and wellness products and services, including health insurance plans, mental health services, pharmacy benefits, and innovative digital health solutions. Aetna has a vast network of providers and is committed to improving healthcare. Their offerings cater to a broad spectrum of needs and include various brands, products, and services:
- Aetna Health Insurance: Health insurance plans for individuals, employers, and government entities, including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Aetna Medicare Plans: Medicare Advantage, Medicare Prescription Drug Plans, and Medicare Supplement plans provide comprehensive coverage for eligible seniors
- Aetna Behavioral Health: Services offering support and resources for mental health and substance abuse concerns4
- Aetna Guardian Angel Program: A support initiative offering personalized care and resources for individuals dealing with the opioid crisis5
- Aetna Pharmacy Benefits: Prescription drug benefits, ensuring access to medications and cost-effective solutions
- Aetna International: Global health insurance and services for international travelers and expatriates6
- Aetna Care Management: Services helping individuals with complex medical conditions navigate healthcare and receive support8
- Aetna Health Connections: Wellness and prevention programs that promote a healthy lifestyle9
- Aetna Provider Network: Healthcare providers, hospitals, clinics, and related, ensuring access to a wide range of medical services
- Aetna Digital Health Solutions: Digital health solutions, such as The Aetna Health app℠ and online portals, enhance healthcare delivery while improving patient engagement10
- Aetna Lifestyle and Condition Coaching: Provides members personalized support that helps them manage existing conditions, learn new habits, and stay on the path to better health.11
What is Aetna Rehab Coverage?
Aetna provides support to its insured members seeking rehabilitation for substance abuse and other mental health disorders. Coverage can vary based on factors like your plan and location. Aetna’s rehab insurance typically includes in-network inpatient care, outpatient care, detoxification services, medication-assisted treatment (MAT), and more.
Additionally, Aetna is dedicated to aiding individuals in their journey to recovery, offering valuable resources such as managed care, behavioral health services, and 24/7 support hotlines. The company partners with a network of healthcare professionals and facilities to ensure customers can access high-quality, evidence-based treatment options.
Does Aetna Cover Rehab for Drug Abuse and Alcoholism in New Jersey?
Aetna provides coverage for drug and alcohol rehabilitation to its members who require treatment for substance abuse and addiction. Aetna alcohol rehab and Aetna drug rehab programs encompass various services, such as detoxification and medication-assisted treatment (MAT). In addition, members may receive cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), motivational interviewing, counseling, and aftercare support services for relapse prevention.
The rehabilitation services and programs may differ from one plan to another, depending on various factors such as the terms and conditions of your policy and the treatment provider. For accurate, current information regarding your Aetna coverage for rehabilitation, call (844) 326-4514.
Does Aetna Cover Medical Detox Treatment?
Aetna usually includes medical detox treatment in its substance abuse treatment services. The coverage details may vary based on your Aetna policy and other considerations. To better understand your coverage, including co-pays, deductibles, and further relevant information, please consult your summary of benefits documentation or check your insurance here.
Does Aetna Cover Residential Treatment?
Aetna health insurance may include residential treatment for various medical and mental health conditions, including substance addiction. Nevertheless, coverage details are subject to variation based on multiple factors. Contact Aetna directly to determine whether your plan includes residential treatment and to gain insight into coverage specifics such as co-pays, deductibles, and network requirements.
Furthermore, when considering residential treatment, collaborate closely with healthcare providers and rehab centers that take Aetna insurance, such as Serenity at Summit in New Jersey. We can provide the most precise, current information regarding your coverage options and assist you in accessing the appropriate care—call (844) 326-4514 for further assistance.
Does Aetna Cover Mental Health Therapy Treatment?
Aetna does offer coverage for mental health therapy treatment as part of its health insurance plans.11 The extent of coverage can vary depending on your specific plan, so review your policy documents or contact Aetna directly to understand the details of your mental health therapy coverage, including any co-pays, deductibles, and network requirements. You can also contact us for clarification.
Aetna is committed to providing support for mental health services, and they often have a network of providers and resources available to assist their members in accessing mental health care.
Aetna Rehab in New Jersey
Our Union, New Jersey facility provides a comprehensive range of treatment options, covering detoxification to outpatient care. Our commitment to individualized care and a low staff-to-client ratio with highly experienced therapists set us apart. Our approach to rehabilitation takes a holistic approach, addressing the most critical aspects of overcoming challenges so our clients can attain sobriety and overall well-being.
For more details or to confirm your Aetna insurance coverage, please call (844) 326-4514 or visit our Union, New Jersey location:
- New Jersey (Union): 1000 Galloping Hill Road Union, NJ 07083
Other Rehab Treatment Programs Covered by Aetna in New Jersey
Aetna offers a variety of rehabilitation programs that go beyond rehabilitation for drug abuse and alcoholism to address a wide range of health needs. The coverage specifics are subject to variation. Below, we will discuss the different rehab treatment programs usually covered by Aetna.
Aetna Coverage for Partial Hospitalization Programs
Aetna insurance plans typically include coverage for Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHPs), which offer intensive outpatient treatment for individuals dealing with mental health conditions or substance abuse issues. PHPs serve as a transitional step between inpatient care and standard outpatient services, allowing for comprehensive treatment during the day so you can return home in the evening.
Aetna’s coverage for PHPs often encompasses services such as therapy, medication management, group counseling, personalized treatment plans, support groups, aftercare, and more. Access to PHPs can be crucial to the recovery journey toward improved mental health and overall well-being.
Aetna Coverage for Intensive Outpatient Program
Aetna insurance plans usually cover Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOPs), which can be a helpful option for people seeking treatment for mental health issues or substance abuse problems. IOPs provide structured, intensive therapy and counseling sessions while allowing individuals to maintain their daily routines and responsibilities.
Aetna’s coverage for IOPs generally includes a range of services, such as one-on-one counseling, psychoeducational sessions, support groups, and comprehensive mental health assessments. Participating in an IOP can be a vital step in relapse prevention.
Aetna Coverage for Acute Treatment Programs
Aetna insurance often covers acute treatment programs for urgent psychiatric or behavioral health needs. These programs, usually in hospital settings, provide 24/7 support to stabilize individuals in acute mental health crises. Coverage includes inpatient care, psychiatric assessments, medication management, and therapeutic interventions, addressing critical mental health issues.
Aetna Coverage for Inpatient Rehab
Aetna usually covers inpatient rehabilitation programs that provide comprehensive care for mental health, substance abuse, and dual diagnosis. These residential programs offer round-the-clock care, including medical evaluations, therapy sessions, and medication management. Access to inpatient rehabilitation is essential for focused care, and Aetna is committed to supporting these needs.
How Much Is Rehab with Aetna Insurance in New Jersey?
Typically, outpatient therapy costs, which involve receiving treatments without being admitted as a patient, can vary between $1,400 and $10,000 for a month-long program, while a residential stay in a New Jersey rehab averages around $56,570.12
However, it’s important to remember that these estimates vary according to many factors.
Rehabilitation costs with Aetna insurance can vary based on your plan, location, treatment type, and more. While Aetna typically covers some rehab expenses, you may have co-pays, deductibles, and other out-of-pocket costs. In addition, coverage limits may apply to some plans but not to others. Contact the rehab center directly for precise cost details tailored to your treatment needs—call (844) 326-4514.
How To Check Aetna Coverage Levels for Rehab Treatment
Confirming your insurance coverage for rehab treatment has never been easier. Simply complete our confidential online form without any commitment. Our team of experienced professionals will quickly verify your eligibility with your health insurance provider. Once confirmed, we’ll contact you at your earliest convenience to discuss your policy details and next steps.
It’s essential to understand the specifics of your insurance policy and find rehab facilities that are in-network with Aetna. Call (844) 326-4514 to assess your Aetna rehabilitation coverage.
How To Get Aetna to Pay for Rehab Treatment
To begin, carefully review your summary of benefits documentation to fully understand the coverage you’re entitled to. Once you understand your coverage, select an Aetna rehab in New Jersey that meets your needs. If your primary care physician requires a referral, obtain one. If pre-authorization is necessary, provide Aetna with all essential information about your diagnosis and treatment plan.
Make sure that the rehab facility submits claims to Aetna on your behalf. Once you have finished your treatment, follow up with Aetna to ensure your claims have been processed and that you have received all owed reimbursements or coverage benefits. By staying in-network with approved providers and adhering to your treatment plan as advised, you can maximize the likelihood of Aetna covering your rehab treatment.
How Many Times Will Aetna New Jersey Pay for Rehab?
Aetna’s coverage for rehabilitation is subject to various factors, including the type of rehab program, policy terms, and your medical needs. Typically, Aetna offers coverage for rehab when it’s medically necessary, indicating that the treatment is essential to address a specific condition or illness.
Aetna may require periodic assessments to determine ongoing medical necessity and impose limitations or exclusions on the duration of covered rehab programs and services. All of this is subject to policy terms, the nature of the program, and your medical requirements. In many instances, Aetna may provide coverage for rehab multiple times.
Addiction Statistics in New Jersey
- During 2021, substance abuse treatment providers reported admitting 87,745 individuals and discharging 86,626 individuals to the New Jersey Department of Human Services, Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services.13
- Drug overdose deaths in New Jersey rose from 11.3 to 32.4 per 100,000 from 2011 to 2021.14
- New Jersey recorded 2,672 deaths from opioid overdoses, constituting 87% of all drug-related fatalities in the state in 2021.
- In New Jersey, heroin is the most commonly abused drug for which clients seek rehabilitation treatment.15
- Outpatient services in New Jersey cost $60.29 million, which accounts for 2.61% of the total U.S. public spending.
- Hospitalizations for alcohol-related liver disease in New Jersey increased by 19% from 2019 to 2021, coinciding with a significant rise in deaths from 357 to 444.16
- Around 35,454 individuals enroll in outpatient drug rehabilitation services in New Jersey each year.17
- A survey was conducted on 2,991 high school students from 40 schools in New Jersey. The results showed that over 82% of the respondents had used at least one substance. Among these, over 80% had used alcohol, and nearly 39% had used an illicit drug.18
- Teenagers in New Jersey show a 7.49% lower likelihood of recent drug use compared to the national average for American teens. Still, they are 3.66% more inclined to use alcohol than their counterparts across the country.19
Related Aetna Pages
- Does Aetna Cover Drug and Alcohol Rehab?
- Aetna Massachusetts Drug and Alcohol Rehab Coverage
- Aetna New England Drug and Alcohol Rehab Coverage
- Aetna New Jersey Drug and Alcohol Rehab Coverage
Related New Jersey Insurance Pages
- Aetna New Jersey Drug and Alcohol Rehab Coverage
- Carelon New Jersey Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment Coverage
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey Drug and Alcohol Rehab Coverage
- Humana Drug and Alcohol Addiction Rehab Treatment Coverage in New Jersey
- Optum Drug and Alcohol Addiction Rehab Treatment Coverage in New Jersey
- UHC New Jersey Drug and Alcohol Rehab Coverage